Thursday, January 21, 2010

snowman yum

Narutoya is the best bakery in osaka, and can be found in the shotengai at Momodani station on the Loop Line.

Its signature item – to me – is their totoro bread; totoro comes in many different facial expressions and has a belly full of chocolate.

last year was the year of the cow, and for a few months into the new year, there was this cow-face bread to be had. like totoro, it had a range of facial expressions and a brain full of milk custard. that’s my favourite item actually, but i’ll have to wait another 11 years for it.

this year, they have this:

Photo-0018 (3)

mr snowman and turd!

well, actually the turd-shaped thing is a regular item, and a very tasty one at that. it’s peanut butter caramel, so it’s slightly salty and rather sweet.

Photo-0019

the snowman is sooo cute. this particular one was chosen cos he had the most adorable facial expression.

Photo-0020 

he has custard and chocolate inside him, and is extremely yummy :) 

7 comments:

Jaradcel said...

That... actually looks sinfully delightful *laughs*

Hi there! I'm a Singaporean who managed to get into the JET Interview. *waves* Congrats on making it in and it looks like you're having fun. :)

It's bloody hard to find Singaporeans on the JET program *grins* 51 JET's in total, so the stats say. Anyway, read through your tips and hoping that works for the best - Eurasian Chinese here so who knows! *Pray*

If you've got anything else to share I'm all ears. :) In the meanwhile, I'm going to toddle around the blog and look at the pretty pictures if you don't mind *grin*

jo~ said...

thanks! i've pretty much put all the advice i can think of up here, but if there's any questions you have that are unanswered feel free to ask!

and of course i dont mind - it makes me happy when i know pple are reading my blog. lol.

congrats and good luck for your interview!

Jaradcel said...

Thankies! =D

I was reading your interview notes, and you said they filtered about half out? How many people were there when you were there for your interview? I was looking at the JET forums, and it seems only another 5 people made it.

Anything else you know about from other Singaporean JET's? Of the Singaporean JET's, including you, all seem to be woman. Which... worries me somewhat, because I'm well, a guy *laughs* Not sure how that works out ._.

jo~ said...

I only saw the person who was meant to go in after me (she was really early) and the one before me, and i think 1 or 2 others when i emerged from the interview room.

I wasnt on any JET forums - and still am not - so i'm sure there're more pple who've been shortlisted.

in my batch, there were only 2 guys, and in the batch after me, there're at least 4 or 5. so i dont think there's a discrimation bah.. haha. oh from the batch before me there're 2 guys whom i know too.

Jaradcel said...

So that's... 2 guys in 2007, 2 guys in 2008, and 4-5 guys in 2009? That... doesn't sound so bad then >_<

How many were hired then in total? I forgot to ask that >_< Trying to get a generalized idea of what my chances are. I was judging based purely on anecdotal looks at numbers and more, and it felt like only 1 or 2 got the cutoff each year! A horrible rate at that. At the least if the numbers are rising then it would *seem* that I have a better chance. ._.

Thank you so much for the info so far though! Really, really helpful!!

jo~ said...

im sure there're more in the years before and after me, cos i dont know all the JETs in those batches.

i'm not sure of the total that were hired. you could check it on the JET website though, as they have the stats for all participant countries :) as well as the breakdown by prefecture/city

Jaradcel said...

Mm I saw that one. Unfortunately it only lists a "total" list - not by year =\

And what I meant by total was, in your batch how many people were hired? Eeps creeping closer to the date ._.