Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ladurée continued – the verdict

i blogged the other day about Ladurée, the best place for macarons ever, and i finally got to savour their delectable goodness.

(photo from here)

 

and i conclude that they’re as good as ever, and worth all of the 244yen (!) that each cost.

what distinguishes Ladurée’s macarons from all the others out there is their filling. while most places just have flavoured cream as filling, Ladurée puts effort into it.

The Red Fruits macaron filling tasted of real berries - i actually found a whole berry in mine, and felt some tiny berry seeds. The Vanilla macaron had thick, creamy filling that scented my breath and lifted my spirits with its fresh, vanilla flavour. And the Caramel macaron was all caramel fudge – forget about caramel-flavoured cream already! Chewy and tasty and gratifying. 

Even i find them an unnecessary luxury, yet when I sat there, happy and licking my fingers, i caught myself already making plans to buy more sometime soon. “The next time I’ll…..”

… probably part with the money, stop all rational thought, close my eyes and enjoy.. Ahh :)

3 comments:

Jaradcel said...

lol how long did you queue for? Shouldn't be too long right?

Although 244 yen... that's not PER macaron right? D:

I think I'm liable to spend that kind of cash if it's per macaron only on my girlfriend! lol

jo~ said...

nope there wasnt any queue cos i was there on a weekday, but of course it's a macaron! things arent cheap in japan ,and macarons arent cheap by any standards either.

haha surely if u're willing to spend on ur girlfriend u're willing to spend on urself too rite?

jo~ said...

*per macaron i mean