Tuesday, August 12, 2008

my apartment

okay. now that i've gotten the previous post off my chest, here's another update on what else has been happening in my life.

my apartment is now ready to live in after i got down on my hands and knees and wiped both the tatami and floor. i've managed to buy some nice things for my flat. these include 2 big bowls - my predecessor didnt have any big enough to hold an serving of hot soba, which probably means that he and the person/people before him probably ate out of the pot - which have the design of a kitty on each, one in red and one in blue; a pretty mug, 2 pairs of pretty chopsticks and a nice small plant which adds a nice touch of green to an otherwise brownish apartment:

 DSCF9460

you can see a bit of the kitty bowls above.. and my 100yen plant below. i got the little dish below it from daiso too, and it's prettily colour coordinated with the plant - has patterns comprising 4-leaf clovers on it :)

 DSCF9459

daiso is an amazing place and has such gorgeous stuff, and 100yen shops in general are GREAT. i love them! and i really love shopping for the apartment too as it feels good to inject some of ME into the place. anyone walking in wouldnt know that the owners have changed, but i think it's the little things like cups and cutlery that count for a lot. heh.

here's my apartment:

the front door, which the entrance hall (i was going to throw out the trash when i went out later) with the bathroom where my towel is hanging and the toilet where the knob at the right foreground is.

DSCF9315

this is the 6-tatami room. i dont know how my predecessor managed to squeeze 4 pple excluding himself in here.. i dont think i can fit more than 2 people unless i shift the couch into the kitchen.

DSCF9306

a closer look at the room:

DSCF9309

DSCF9310

the balcony where i hang my clothes:

DSCF9311

it's not that great an idea to move the couch to the kitchen either, because, as it can be seen from below, moving it into the kitchen would mean having it block your way in every conceivable aspect.

DSCF9313

closer look at the kitchen area..

DSCF9466

i think my house is pretty ok! it's a bit big for 1 person, but would be too small for 2 people. it gets dirty quite easily even though i dont open the windows (ie, the sliding door separating the small balcony from my room) nor door.. but it's ok. i like it enough :)

1 comments:

Eunice said...

Hi Jo!!! Haven't had time to read thru your past entries yet...Just wanted to leave a note to say you're thought of first! :) And I think your house looks very nice and cosy! Perfect for one person lah...Not sure when school is starting for you, but sure hope you're going to have a GREAAAAAT time!!! :)