Monday, January 26, 2009

chinese new year!

some of the singaporean JETs came over to Osaka for our pre-CNY eve reunion gathering, which was really nice! :) had a yummy dinner and karaoke afterwards, and its amazing to be able to sing chinese songs again!! yay...

them coming gave me an incentive to decorate my house:

oranges and angbao from my parents.. had an unprecendented $100!! :D (i usually get an unimaginably low amount cos my mum says angbao is for luck and the value is of little consequence)

Photo-0019

card from my parents that i placed near my door... blurry cos i had to hold my door open to let the light in..

Photo-0020

the two cows that i bought from hiroshima.. flanking my plant outside my house..

photo-0022

my door! i wrote the 福 myself! :) my parents sent the two children and i made the string of lanterns..

Photo-0021

happy new year to everyone here! :) 年年有余,事事顺利!

0 comments: