Friday, April 16, 2010

spate of bad luck

things havent been going well lately. in particular, i’ve been having terrible luck with money. and today, while cleaning the house, i tripped on a wire and yanked out the wire linking my nice speakers to my laptop. i managed to completely destroy the pin on the speakers wire (it was bent quite badly, and while trying to straighten it, it broke) as well as pull out some small gold piece from my laptop’s headphones jack.

basically, i cant insert any headphones into my laptop; they wont fit and no sound comes out. besides rendering my nice speakers useless now, i can’t insert anything into my laptop even if i got new speakers, including the microphone headset that’s essential for talking to my mum (although i suppose she’ll just call me on my mobile then).

if this means that i have to buy a new laptop, it’ll be extremely bad luck with money indeed.

i believe this spate of bad luck began after my visit to Zeniarai Benten, this money-washing shrine in Kamakura.

you have to pass through this tunnel before entering the shrine

DSCF0310

DSCF0311

DSCF0312

it’s believed that you’ll get good monetary fortune when you wash your money at that shrine. lots of people were washing their notes; there were several thai tourists who were washing all their baht too.

here’s me washing my money. shouldnt have done that.

Kamakura 018 

like seriously, which chinese person ever told you that it’s ok to 洗钱?more like washing away all my luck lor. tmd.

i need to do something to 转运, or at least 传运. gah.

0 comments: